In Moray, a mentor/coach is the foundation of a range of approaches to develop and support teachers throughout their career through the professional review and development process as well as through their probationary year. The appointment of a mentor for probationer teachers provides opportunities for deep and meaningful conversations regarding both support and challenge.
Programme outcomes - enhanced capability and desire to:
- Engage in self-evaluation and personal reflection and learning
- Coach in a way that enables higher levels of performance
- Enable others to be more accountable for their role and responsibilities
- Give and receive effective feedback
- Reflect on ways in which relevant literature has informed thinking and practice
- Greater confidence and commitment to:
- Engage in self-development and learning
- Contribute to others' personal development
- Transfer experience and learning into the leadership environment
9 1.5 hour sessions
For more information contact Janet Cornall, Quality Improvement Officer, Moray Council.
Telephone: 01343 563969