High quality coaching can build skills within staff and develop them in a sustainable way, making training a process rather than an event. In a school with a coaching culture, mistakes are seen as an inevitable part of the change process. They are treated lightly rather than being dwelt upon and analysed. Coaching enables staff to develop their full potential, embeds professional development and is based on a solution focused approach.
Participants will be able to:
- Learn how to work with the Coaching Process
- Extend their own value to their school.
- To receive support and encouragement through the opportunity to review experiences, discuss feelings, describe frustrations, and check perceptions with a partner.
- To fine-tune skills or strategies through technical feedback and technical assistance from a coaching partner.
- To analyse practices and decision making at a conscious level.
- To adapt or generalise skills or strategies by considering what is needed to facilitate particular outcomes, how to modify the skill or practice to better fit interactions with specific families or practitioners, or what results may occur from using the skill or practice in different ways.
- To reflect on what they perceive or how they make decisions, which helps improve their knowledge and understanding of professional practices and activities.
Staff within Care & Learning Service
The duration of the programme is 12 months.
Ainsley Burns, CPD Development Officer
Telephone: 01463 702 039