Edinburgh Learns asserts that it is the aim of every teacher to deliver high quality teaching and learning. It is the single most important feature of the reflective practitioner and the aspect that is kept under constant review as staff strive to improve skills.
Leadership of Learning is a two-session course (four hours of face-to-face professional learning in total). This professional learning is aimed at teachers and school leaders from all school sectors to develop their confidence and ability to promote Leadership of Learning into classroom practice.
- What is Leadership of Learning? Debunking myths and exploring pedagogy.
- Using key documents to develop our understanding and approach to leadership of learning. Consideration of Learner Participation 3-18, Rights of the Child and HMIe Summary Inspection Findings.
- Embedding leadership of learning in learning, teaching and assessment? A range of practical ideas that promote learners as leaders in the classroom and beyond.
This course aims to:
- improve practitioners' confidence and ability in planning for opportunities for leadership of learning in their classrooms and schools
- develop their knowledge and skills of what leadership of learning is, its importance and how to embed it into practice
- equip delegates with knowledge of the key documents and tools of enquiry, so they can try out new ideas and strategies and reflect on their impact.
Teachers from all sectors - primary, secondary and special.
Four hours (2 x 2-hour sessions)
For more information email Louise Stevenson, Senior Development Officer Teaching and Learning (Edinburgh Learns)