Outdoor learning is a key context for learning, providing breadth and progression in a rich environment. Leading outdoor learning within the staff team challenges teachers practice, using new pedagogical approaches and practical skills. Participants are challenged to embed outdoor learning within their school and to strive for highly effective practice through learning for sustainability.
* understand the mechanism by which change occurs, and strategies as to how they can effect it
* Develop their own use of professional enquiry to develop their personal skills and strategies whilst being involved in a practical approach to engage the whole school community in outdoor learning.
* Develop skills to create a guiding coalition to critically evaluate, guide and mentor others as the process evolves.
* Lead and work collaboratively to enhance outdoor teaching leading to high quality learning.
* Understand through action research how outdoor learning raises attainment.
The programme is specifically at HTs, SMT or those with responsibility for their school’s outdoor learning to lead and direct change in outdoor learning through Learning for Sustainability by changing the culture, vision and values of their school.
2 full days and 3 half days and 1 in school support session if required, spread over 6 months
Contact Alison Motion, Scotland Director, Grounds for Learning firstname.lastname@example.org 01786 465934