This course is designed to support the empowerment agenda, enabling participants to use self-evaluation processes to identify areas for development and engage in tailored development opportunities to enhance leadership and management skills and knowledge. The format of the programme facilitates the creation of sustainable support networks.
The programme will enable participants:
- to enhance their knowledge, skills and confidence to support them to effectively fulfil the remit of a principal teacher
- to use self-evaluation and data effectively to identify a strategic change initiative
- to be reflective and capable of leading effectively in line with school, authority and national priorities
- to recognise the importance of effective leadership in improving outcomes for children and young people
- to critically engage with research and apply new learning in practice.
The programme is aimed at class teachers with a minimum of 5 years’ experience who are looking to move to the next stage in their career, or newly appointed principal teachers who are looking to expand their knowledge and expertise. The programme is aimed at all sectors.
The programme consists of six twilight sessions over an academic session:
- GTCS Standards for Leadership and Management
- Leadership Styles
- Self-evaluation, HGIOS4 and Equity
- Overcoming Resistance and Coaching and Mentoring
- Leading Change for Sustainability
- Engaging with Parents and Self-Care
The sessions run from 3.30pm until 5.30pm on specified dates. Candidates are asked to participate in inter-session challenge questions via Microsoft Teams.
For more information, contact:
Scottish Attainment Challenge Leadership Lead, North Lanarkshire Council
Telephone: 01236 812316