Edinburgh Learns asserts that it is the aim of every teacher to deliver high quality teaching and learning. It is the single most important feature of the reflective practitioner and the aspect that is kept under constant review as staff strive to improve skills.
Formative Assessment for Learning is a two-session course (four hours of face-to-face professional learning in total). This professional learning is aimed at teachers and school leaders from all school sectors to develop their confidence and ability in using formative assessment to inform and guide teaching.
- Why formative assessment is so important in the classroom
- What is formative assessment and how it links with moderation
- Creating a culture for formative assessment to thrive
- A wide variety of techniques used to gather formative assessment information before, during and after learning
- A look at self, peer and teacher feedback
The course aims to:
- improve practitioners' confidence and ability in planning for formative assessment in their classrooms and schools
- develop their knowledge and skills in promoting the importance of formative assessment for learning, what it is and how to embed it into practice
- equip delegates with knowledge of the key documents and tools of enquiry so they can try out new ideas and strategies and reflect on their impact.
Teachers from all sectors - primary, secondary and special
Four hours (2 x 2-hour sessions)
For more information email Louise Stevenson, Senior Development Officer Teaching and Learning (Edinburgh Learns)